X100s really disappointing image. Is this normal?

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
baobob
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,055Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s really disappointing image. Is this normal?
In reply to ksgant, Jun 13, 2013

I have written many months ago a lot about the "foliage issue" in the forum

Foliage is the most difficult subject for good rendition. Seriously you have to eliminat any source of blurr, among which wind should be seriously considered, especially her due to proximity which gives an importance to the relative speed of possible movement without having to talk about hurricane

Standard values of NR are not favorable to sharp foliage rendition but should not produce such a beardy pattern. nevertleless setting NR to the minimum should be done and tried.

To get a perfect foliage rendition today I only use the RAW file I develop them in ACR 8.1, set NR to 0 sharpening to 0 export in TIFF 16 bits to PS sharpen as needed using Nik Sharpener plug in Get perfect results this way.

Many times in my landscape photography I experienced the action of wind in foliage and now I systematically shoot at 1/1000 when it(s windy.

It is just a matter of criteria safety, I just want sharp results to get crisp shoots, without tryng to search if lower the speed could be also acceptable. I just want to maximize the % of keepers.

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow