Can someone reccomend me a good video camera to fulfill these requirements?(details inside)

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jblume333
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Can someone reccomend me a good video camera to fulfill these requirements?(details inside)
Jun 13, 2013

Hello I am currently looking for a video camera for the filming of boxing. I am a boxing trainer and I find it is beneficial to show my fighters video of themselves(sparring, shadow boxing hitting the mitts etc). I have done a fair amount of research on this and have some idea what I am looking for.

I am currently using this camera:

http://www.amazon.com/EZ201-Wonder-Minute-Point-Camcorder/dp/B000P6J77G

I am aware that it is absolute garbage lol. My main problem with it is if I want to slow something down to show them it, frame by frame it is useless because of the blurring. It has absolutely no shutter speed it seems so each frame of a video is about .0333 seconds of exposure. I don't think that the 30 frames are that bad, its just that each frame is a complete blur of what is moving.(Many of my fighters punches are performed in about .1 seconds, i believe if it shot 30 frames at a faster shutter speed it would look better.)

Would I be able to get a camera that shoots at 30 frames (with better shutter speed+resolution) that would eliminate this problem? Or is it best to just get a higher FPS camera?

I am sorry if this question seems incredibly stupid, or redundant to you folks. But any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow