sounder71
Regular MemberPosts: 100
Like?
Re: DxOMark : Ricoh GR lens Vs Nikon coolpix A lens
In reply to aleksanderpolo, Jun 13, 2013

aleksanderpolo wrote:

sounder71 wrote:

Bryan Campbell wrote:

Well that's great news. We have the same quality of lens, but $300 cheaper on the Ricoh in a more ergonomic body. I like the bokeh on the Ricoh slightly better too from what I've seen.

Ricoh is cheaper because it was built by children (or grossly underpaid workers) in Chinese sweatshops.

Just like the cheaper Apple product built in Chinese sweatshops. If D800E had been built in Japan, there wouldn't be any left focus point problem, and if x100 was built in Japan, there wouldn't be any SAB either.

O wait!

For the record, the A scores higher in both DXO test, camera and lens. If it was sports, the GR will be second best. In real life Ricoh is still a great camera.

Quote from DxOmark:

"In the portrait tests for color depth, the Ricohoutscores the Coolpix A, but as with the overall scores, the difference is so minimal as to be invisible in the real world. The pattern continues in the landscape tests for dynamic range, though the Coolpix A technically comes out on top, mostly because at ISO 100, it is 1/3rd of a stop better than the Ricoh.

It’s the sports test for ISO performance that sees the Coolpix A just pip the GRto the higher overall score, managing just a little less than a 1/3rd of a stop better, with 1164 ISO to the 972 ISO of the GR."

Ya, 1/3rd of a stop makes all the difference in the world and turn GR into second best.

If you have a particular issue with Ricoh's built quality, go ahead and complain, like in this thread:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51405499

Dude, I must have hit a nerve back then, didn't I?  If you actually own the GR today you will have realized that the A is much sturdier built of the two.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow