Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,417
Like?
Unfortunate
In reply to Juggernaut122, Jun 12, 2013

Juggernaut122 wrote:

They finally agreed that since they cannot repair it that they would replace the equipment.

That is normal policy with NikonUSA. Three tries then replace. They do not publish this policy, and will not make it public.

When I asked them to send me a confirmation email that they were going to replace the equipment, they refused to, and told me that they would just try to repair it again.

You should have taken the replacement vs demand in writing prior to receiving. They will now wait before replacing. They can be sticklers about that. And will most likely drag it out now with the result being the same, you get a replacement, but longer than you would have liked. Unfortunate. Which service center did you deal with?

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
TrueNew
NoNew
AllNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow