Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Juggernaut122
Regular MemberPosts: 379
Like?
Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.
Jun 12, 2013

Hi all,

Just wanted everyone to know (hopefully to help protect yourself), that Nikon is refusing to replace my defective equipment even though all of it is under warranty.

I have a Nikon D5100, 55-200 lens and 50 mm f/1.8 lens.

The camera always front focuses when using the optical view finder (but not live view).

Nikon admits that the problem is there and had asked me on 3 different occasions to send the equipment back for repair and each time they are unable to repair it & just send it back to me in the same broken state.

They finally agreed that since they cannot repair it that they would replace the equipment.  When I asked them to send me a confirmation email that they were going to replace the equipment, they refused to, and told me that they would just try to repair it again.

Needless to say this is unacceptable.

Unfortunately it looks like I will need to have the BBB settle this.

Lots of money to spend for equipment that doesn't work, and this company is not willing to back up what they sell (at least not in my case).

Very sad.

Juggernaut

Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
TrueNew
NoNew
AllNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow