Win8 vs Win7

Started Jun 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,359Gear list
Like?
Re: One of the funniest reads for me in a while
In reply to Boomanbb, Jun 12, 2013

Boomanbb wrote:

I work in IT for a large law firm and had to endure this very same argument from all of the established attorneys... with going from Office 2003 to Office 2010. They were all perfectly happy with Office 2003 and saw all of the changes in 2010 as steps backwards, designed to confuse users and basically make them non productive. Of course all of the new attorneys had been using Office 2010 for two years in college so they were chomping at the bit to be upgraded.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Ben

I ran into that with Office 2007 and Office 2003.  We wanted to push 2007 out to the office, but many didn't like the ribbon and "didn't have time" to learn something new.  Of course many of them were so familiar with Office they used keyboard shortcuts anyways, which work the same on 2007.  The change was necessary since we were beginning to implement SharePoint and Office 2007 offered better integration than 2003.  Later, once they actually sat down to use it, they learned to like 2007 and the features it offered.

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow