Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
C Sean
Regular MemberPosts: 287
Like?
GF2 is letting me down
Jun 12, 2013

Recently I went to my brother wedding and I brought along with me my GF2 and my pancake lenses. My intention was I'm not the wedding photographer, I'm not going to take many photos and I'm going to enjoy myself. I would of brought along with me my G3 but I wanted to travel light and took with me my GF2 travel kit instead.

Sadly the wedding photographer couldn't stay there all night and left about mid way through the party. The moments I tried to capture with the GF2 and they came out terrible. The dark lighting conditions and the bad iso settings just produce horrible shutter lag and making practically all the photos useless. It annoyed me because I had camera gear at home which would solve most of the problems. If I could go back in time then I would of brought along with me my G3, flash gun, 14mm and my 25mm. In a way I'm annoyed because it was a save location to bring and store my m43 gear and instead it's at home.

Acouple months back I went to Hungary for a few days for a stag do. I brought along with me my GF2 and my pancake lenses. Again the GF2 struggled half the time and mainly for the dark conditions. The other pictures had those shoddy JPEG grain.

The GF2 is a nicely layed out camera and why I stilll use it. However the JPEG engine and poor iso is getting to me now. I'm taking it through it paces and it not delivering the results I used to with the G3. If I replace the GF2 with it replacers aka GX1 or GF6 then it means I would have to replace the G3 because it's now the inferior camera. Just one more year to go to get my money worth and then I can replace them with the Gf7 and G7.

Canon PowerShot G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow