Dual Boot Win7-XP a update

Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
PaulM2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,661
Like?
Re: Dual Boot WIN7-XP a update
In reply to malch, Jun 12, 2013

Interesting to find that as a new user of WIN7 and coming from being  a long time user of XP, that others do not like the "Category" view. I thought it was just me being resistant to change.

So far (about a week or so) I find that WIN7 takes more clicks to do things. My main complaint and this is probably operator error, is when I get some thing set, apparently other later changes to some other program, effect the primary settings. Case in point is IE10, I have no idea why the home page keeps changing to a search program. I know I set it as the default.

Another item that threw me for awhile is the favorites folder in XP is in Documents and Settings. I had made a copy to a flash drive, no documents and settings folder in WIN7. Found the favorites folder someplace else?

Long time user of Microsoft,I  date back to the old DOS days (prior to Windows) Most previous version changes were updates or added features. I realize that Microsoft with WIN7 I was preparing us for WIN8 and all the Touch Screen stuff. I would have preferred that they keep to the old display and made the "Category View" a option.

Just adding to your rant.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow