Win8 vs Win7

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
theswede
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,936Gear list
Like?
Re: stick with Win 7 if possible...
In reply to dradam, 10 months ago

It can be done. Good thing you've never had an app freeze or slow down your iDevice (happens on mine all the time) because apparently you would have been entirely lost on how to fix it.

And I'm very happy to be entirely lost on that front. When my devices Just Work I can spend my time on more interesting pursuits. Like photography or commenting in forums.

You realize that Metro apps work in exactly the same way. You "close" them (ie. get out of them) by either hitting the Windows key, by clicking the "Start" charm, or by clicking in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Yes, I do realize that. I also realize I have no Windows key, can't remember uncued corners or sides (or to be honest, can't be bothered to remember them), and have no close button visible anywhere on the Metro app.

Thus, it works in not at all exactly the same way. When a Metro app pops up I'm as clueless on how to close it as I would be on handling a frozen iOS app. The difference is, frozen iOS apps haven't happened to me in four years of iOS. Opening Metro apps tends to be a more frequent occurrence than four years apart if I run Windows 8. For starters, the start screen works that way.

Jesper

theswede's gear list:theswede's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony SLT-A37 Sony 50mm F1.4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow