PROFESSIONAL'S NEED A LICENSE

Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
cplunk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,298Gear list
Like?
Re: PROFESSIONAL'S NEED A LICENSE
In reply to MarkInSF, Jun 12, 2013

MarkInSF wrote:

I wish licensing of many other professions would go away. My barber needs a license. What's the worst he can do? I've had terrible haircuts from licensed barbers. If you want a good photographer, look at his work and check references. It's not that hard. All licensing does is provide a barrier to competition to keep prices up. My brother got married on the cheap and does not mind a bit that his wedding photos were shot by an amateur with a cheap camera. They are perfectly all right and he didn't have the money for better. It's not as if a Nikon D5200 is weak on image quality. It's superb. The camera isn't ideal for shooting quickly and surely, and isn't as tough as a professional camera, but I'd rather hire someone with good taste who cares than someone with a license who burned out years ago and is going through the motions to pay the alimony.

barbers also commonly shave people, not managing sterile shaving equipment can lead to health issue for the customers. There may also be issue with just hair, lice, etc. I dunno, ask your barber about it, there's probably some valid public health concerns.

But overall, I'm agreeing with your point about photographers.

cplunk's gear list:cplunk's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A330 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A99 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow