Win8 vs Win7

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 1,905Gear list
Like?
Re: stick with Win 7 if possible...
In reply to theswede, 10 months ago

I had a nice, long, and thorough reply to your comment but the site glitched on me and it didn't post.  Since I don't want to waste my time typing it all back up, I will just comment on a few things:

Ctrl+Esc.  That is your Windows Key.  Give it a try!

If you find the Windows Key a waste, then you must also consider the Command Key, Super Key, and Meta Key a waste too.  It is only a waste because you refuse to take advantage of it.  It if was truly a waste, the key would no longer exist.

There is no close button on the Android or iOS.  On iOS there is Home Button and on Android a Home and Back button.  When pressing these, it takes you back to the home screen but it does not close the application.  It still resided in the background consuming memory and making for quick access to the app again.  It will close automatically if the memory is needed by another application.  Otherwise, you have to close it manually via the steps I mentioned earlier.

As for your sarcastic response and implication of my lack of knowledge with Windows, I know more about the OS than you may think (and may even know more than you).  If I didn't then I wouldn't be working in a data center with several hundred servers with years of experience and several certifications under my belt, including my MCSA and MCSE.

Your comment about search being the same as Windows 7 I interpreted as you saying I can just type anywhere in Windows 7 and it will begin searching, which you can't do.  This may have been just a misunderstanding of what I read versus what you meant.  You have to click on the Start menu button first before you can start typing to search.  In Windows 8, you can start typing anywhere in the Start Screen (the place you first start in upon login without pressing a key) and it will begin searching.

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow