Win8 vs Win7

Started Jun 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
theswede
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,936Gear list
Like?
Re: YOur response explains perfectly why . . .
In reply to dradam, Jun 12, 2013

That's the main issues which are argued against. Not your straw man "o noes change"

Yours sounds like an extremely specific usage model

To not want added cognitive load? That's about every computer user in the world.

(though it sounds like a more comprehensive "Read Me" would be able to eliminate such redundant foldering).

Oh, you weren't addressing the points in this post, but talking about my specific issues with the start screen. You could have answered a post where that was discussed instead then, but it seems your cognitive ability has indeed taken a beating.

To answer this specific comment; it shows how much you know about the field and those who design the tools for it. Pretty much nothing at all. In this field the software is at best an afterthought, created with as low budget as possible as fast as possible. The focus is on the systems, as it should be. There is no point wasting development and time on creating organization better left to the OS.

That, after all, is why we have GUI OS'es. To handle the drudgery so we don't have to do it manually.

But people with specific demands have been using 3rd party launchers and the like on Windows for YEARS.

It's not "specific demands" to get visual cues how to manage basic tasks.

That the default Windows model no longer caters specifically to you is unfortunate, but I guess you'll just have to join that rank of people.

You just don't get a single thing I say. It's not about "caters". It's about cognitive load.

Jesper

theswede's gear list:theswede's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony SLT-A37 Sony 50mm F1.4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow