dradam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,623
Like?
Re: stick with Win 7 if possible...
In reply to theswede, Jun 12, 2013

theswede wrote:

Archer66 wrote:

theswede wrote:
To kill an application on Android or iOS is pointless.

Yes bc those devices have unlimited memory and are always connected to a powersource. Oh wait...

Which is why they have an OS that will kill applications in a controlled manner as it becomes necessary. You don't need to worry about it.

I restarted my iPhone the other week because I had been out flying. Before that it had been on for over six months. Not a single application manually killed in that time - because that can't be done. And zero issues.

It can be done.  Good thing you've never had an app freeze or slow down your iDevice (happens on mine all the time) because apparently you would have been entirely lost on how to fix it.

That's how all OS'es should be, and that impresses me a lot more than faster startup and shutdown. Why should I have to startup and shutdown in the first place?

You realize that Metro apps work in exactly the same way.  You "close" them (ie. get out of them) by either hitting the Windows key, by clicking the "Start" charm, or by clicking in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow