Clueless Wanderer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,139Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 body armor
In reply to systemguy, Jun 12, 2013

systemguy wrote:

Hello

i am travelling to Eurrope this summer.

i was planning on using the body armor on the d800.

are there any risks associated with its use? I am thinking in terms of overheating of the sensor.

thx

I have dropped and bounced both a d200 and a d700 many times. They are still working fine. I think camera armour is a gimick.

The armour may keep the body from mark's, but if a camera is dropped the most suseptable point is where the lens mounts. The armour doesn't protect this. ..Your going to Europe. Ive backpacked remote parts of asia, egypt, treked northern Thailand, New Zealand, road tripped Australian outback, etc, etc.. and Ive never used armour..

The D800 is weather sealed. If it rains, the water hits it and it glances off. I would be concerned that the  water could get trapped inside the armour, holding it against the body, something the sealing is not designed for..  Just my opinon.

Clueless Wanderer's gear list:Clueless Wanderer's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow