Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pixelcollector
Forum MemberPosts: 69Gear list
Like?
OM-D in real life.
10 months ago

disclaimer: Sorry, this thread might be perceived as completely redundant but I can't help myself.

Ever since the OM-D was anounced, I have seen it in a shop window only once, quite some time ago, and never again since. All the images on the web have since meddled with my memory of it, because I thought it was bigger, and like many had a problem with the hump. Now get this:

an American tourist walks into the store where I work. Thought he had a samsung hanging around his neck but upon closer inspection it was the OM-D (with 14-150). We had a wonderful discussion about the merits of m4/3, available lenses, prices etc. I told him I was holding out for the e-p5, but immediately had to admit that the OM-D is damn small and SEXY after playing with it for a few minutes. The hump doesn't look big at all to my surprise. Build quality, EVF, buttons, it really looks and feels incredible.

So now what??? I'm still very tempted by the E-P5 but I will have to wait for the reviews. The pricing for it just makes no sense when the EVF isn't included, but I would love to have the wi-fi, and improved controls..

Anyone in the same boat? Agonizing!

pixelcollector's gear list:pixelcollector's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD880 IS Canon PowerShot Pro1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +2 more
Olympus PEN E-P5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow