PROFESSIONAL'S NEED A LICENSE

Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mike_PEAT
Forum ProPosts: 10,160Gear list
Like?
Associations are there to promote THEMSELVES!
In reply to Fotogroup, Jun 12, 2013

The whole idea of associations are to make money and sell their services & their publication(s), while giving you the opportunity to put something on your business cards to impress neophytes.

Just look at NAPP, National Association of Photoshop Professionals. ANYONE can join that, you don't even have to have ever used Photoshop, never mind be a professional user of it, they'll take your money no matter what!

They exist to sell their courses, magazine, and books. I laugh when someone in their signature says they are a NAPP member. How about saying you're a professional basket weaver too.

I agree that those hiring photographers have to be protected from those out to just make a buck using Auto mode, but most here have a very narrow view of what a "professional photographer" is.  For instance I'm a catalog photographer, definitely a professional photographer, but I would NEVER shoot a wedding because I know what's involved.

This has been discused for YEARS...nothing new is being said from what I've read in past postings on the topic.

Mike_PEAT's gear list:Mike_PEAT's gear list
Lytro Light Field 16GB
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow