Painting my silver OMD to black? Anyone done it? Advises please?

Started Jun 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
JCB123
Senior MemberPosts: 1,202Gear list
Like?
Re: Painting my silver OMD to black? Anyone done it? Advises please?
In reply to JM K Ken C, Jun 12, 2013

JM K Ken C wrote:

LMNCT wrote:

I thought that the multi color camera bodies were nuts, but painting a perfectly good camera body take the cake. How about pink or light blue? Use the camera...it is a tool, not a neclace! Go get yourself some sort of oddment to wear around your neck and give the camera a break!

It seems that there are some members who feel very strongly towards my intention to paint my silver camera black, with some comments that I feel expressed some uncalled for sarcasm.

I currently live in Bogota, Colombia. I love photography, especially street photography. However, there is a real threat and danger in shooting in a place like bogota where one should not carelessly flash out your camera as for example recently someone was killed on the street just for his mobile phone. Since I cannot and will not bring out my 5dmk3 to the street, my omd is my nearest option, but for reason above, I have real concerns and therefore wish to find a practical solution without giving up on shooting.

So without saying much more, please don't judge others based on limited information. I asked a simple question politely for the purpose of photography and it is obvious that some seem to be unable to give a straight answer. Anyhow.

For stealth while street shooting in a potentially dangerous area you might be better off using a smaller camera like the E-Pl5 (in Black) The flip out LCD can be used to shoot without bringing the camera to the eye. It also has a few features that the E-M5 lacks like the ability to assign mysets to positions on the mode dial and smaller AF areas. Keep the camera in a pocket or inside your coat/jacket when not actually shooting with it.

As for the sarcasm, I am afraid you just have to endure that on these forums. Develop a thick skin and ignore it. You have to sift through a lot of chaff here to find the grain but there's no point getting upset by it.

Regards

John

JCB123's gear list:JCB123's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow