Senior MemberPosts: 2,616
Like?
Re: Win8 vs Win7
In reply to Midwest, Jun 12, 2013

Midwest wrote:

dradam wrote:

Midwest wrote:

gs85739az wrote:

Windows 8 will benefit those that use touch screens, mainly tablets/laptops, reaching across ALL DAY to a touch screen on a desktop will prove tiresome!

Absolutely agree. The idea that someone wants to use a keyboard, a mouse, AND touch their screen all the time is complete idiocy. Maybe a couple of foot pedals to replace the shift key and space bar will be next.

Personally, I hate having a screen full of fingerprints. On my iPad? Sure, that's the way it works, that's the nature of it. ADDING that situation on purpose where it doesn't exist already and is not needed - just to make a desktop PC act like a tablet - is just dumb.

I've been running Windows 8 for months, and have yet to feel the need to reach across my desk and touch my screen. It is completely, and totally usable with just keyboard and mouse.

Of course the whole idea behind Win 8 is to have a touch screen and then to do things by touching it.

The whole "idea" behind Win 8 is to better accommodate a variety of monitor sizes and input methods.  Touch is one of those options, but certainly not the only one.

You are only using a keyboard and mouse. Is Windows 8 any better or easier to use that way than Win 7 was?

In some ways, yes, in others, no, in most ways, they are exactly the same.

I don't feel like changing the way I work with my PC to accommodate some half-baked solution to an issue I didn't have in the first place, or to work like an OS that I do not have nor want on my tablet or phone.

MS should have offered the ability to switch the UI entirely from Win 7 to Win 8 style back and forth on the PC - maybe sometimes Win 8 could be better for some things - giving the user the option to use what works best for the task at hand.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow