Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tradesmith45
Regular MemberPosts: 345Gear list
Like?
Stacked Stars w/ Terrestrial Objects in Frame. Mac software
Jun 12, 2013

Posted this over in Astro but maybe should have posted it here.

I know one of you experienced hands on this forum will know the answer to this.

I want to make multiple captures w/ SS abound 30 sec. to stack images w/ both stars & terrestrial objects in the frame. I do NOT want to have star trails. The stacking is to reduce noise & increase sharpness.

I see photos like this but not sure they were stacked. I realize the stacking issue - stars move, land doesn't. I know the available programs will stack just astronomical objects or make great star trails.

So does one of the Mac stacking programs do this type of stacking - Iris, Nebulosity, Lynkeos, StarStax, PisInsight? As best I can tell these are aimed either at making star trails or stacking to improve images of astronomical objects. I've looked at each of these programs but can't find whether they can do this sort of thing.

I'm sure I could stack to improve the stars/reduce noise, mask out the (blurred?) terrestrial object once stacked & add a single frame of the terrestrial object back in using PS. I think DSS for Windows can do this but is there a single program solution to do this on a Mac?

Thanks

tradesmith45's gear list:tradesmith45's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow