Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
27" iMac questions
10 months ago

I am thinking about buying a 27" iMac but have several questions I was hoping someone on this forum could answer.

I wondering if it supported openGL. If I buy one it would be for processing digital photos and some of the software I use requires openGL 2.1 or above support.

I was thinking about buying either the 2.9 GHz or 3.2 GHz i5 model but don't know if there is much processing speed difference between them. Can you really see any difference doing normal photo editing with Photoshop, LightRoom, Topaz, onOne and the like?

And how solidly do the photo editing products work on the Mac? I am used to running them on the PC and know what to expect there, but since I would be new to the Mac I don't know how the Mac versions of the software work. I could buy Parallels or VMware and run the Windows versions but that seems counter-productive. If I wanted to do that I suppose I could just continue using a PC.

And, last question, what do you get with the AppleCare protection plan? Is it only phone support? Or do you get hardware support and replacement also? And, if so, is it home support or do you have to bring the desktop into an Apple Store (or mail it in) to get repairs?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow