wide angle DSLR shots looking like P&S images.

Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ata3001
Contributing MemberPosts: 504Gear list
Like?
Re: wide angle DSLR shots looking like P&S images.
In reply to jopezu, Jun 11, 2013

jopezu wrote:

most times i try to compose using my wide angle setup (d600 + 28mm f/1.8g), the resulting shots look like they could have come from a point-and-shoot camera. even looking on forums, a lot of times people will have expensive wide angle combos that produce flat, ultra DoF pictures. i know a lot of this is composition and processing, but does anybody sometimes feel the same way and have any advice?

when i use the 28mm like a longer lens, and step up to subjects and compose portraits, things get more exciting as the lens does its thing. i just can't help looking at most of my environmental landscape shots thinking "i could've done this on a $200 powershot".

This image was captured with a 28mm f/1.8g lens. I also shot several other images in the same location with a tripod mounted Nikon P7700. As nice as the P&S images are, they are no match to this.

ata3001's gear list:ata3001's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow