Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,411
Like?
Re: The "A" gets an F
In reply to Ray Sachs, Jun 11, 2013

Ray Sachs wrote:

toomanycanons wrote:

Let's face it, some photogs think there's something "pure" about shooting with primes, like using zooms of any sort is being lazy or cheating. I'm not a prime shooter and would never own the "A". I do, however, shoot all the time with my D5100 (same sensor) and short zooms and don't have to "zoom with my feet" or some such nonsense. YMMV.

I've said it to you before and I may say it to you again. For a guy who doesn't get the appeal of shooting with the same focal length over and over and over, you're really damn good at saying the same BS thing over and over and over.

I tell you what - I won't knock the KIND of cameras you like, and you don't knock the KIND of cameras I like. I'm not calling you an idiot for liking what you like even though I like something very different. I don't see why you feel such a need to denigrate that which you don't understand! And when I say "don't understand" I'm not implying that you're too dumb to understand it (although I realize that's a possibility) - just that you have a different perspective and experience that causes you to prefer different stuff. So enjoy your stuff. But don't knock my stuff because you don't get the appeal of it. I don't get the appeal of your stuff - I mean I understand it, but it doesn't appeal to me at all. But I'm not knocking you for liking it, I'm not saying its any worse than the stuff I like. I'm just saying it doesn't appeal to me. I'm not knocking fish just because I prefer steak. Maybe you shouldn't either. But if you insist on doing it within eye-shot of me, I'll probably keep calling you on it.

-Ray
--------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/

Wow, I guess you told me.  I feel so bad now about voicing my opinions.  You go ahead with voicing yours, Ray.  And thanks for making this personal.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow