Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ChuckL22
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Question Re Scanner Drivers
Jun 11, 2013

My wife and I have separate desktop computers running Windows 7 (64-bit). I have a dedicated scanner (Epson Perfection V600 Photo) and a dedicated printer (Epson Stylus Photo R2000) connected to my computer via USB. My wife had a Canon wireless multifunction printer/scanner/copier that was wirelessly connected to our home network. I printed occasionally to this printer because it could automatically print multipage color documents on both sides of the paper.

Recently my wife’s Canon multifunction printer broke and I replaced it with an Epson XP-800 multifunction printer. I installed it wirelessly on our network and everything works as advertised from my wife’s computer. I would also like to install the drivers for this printer on my computer so I can again print color documents on both sides of the page. I have no concerns about the printer driver, but I do have a question regarding the driver for the scanner. Since I already have “Epson Scan” installed on my computer for my Epson R2000, will the Epson Scan that gets installed for the Epson XP-800 overwrite or in any way interfere with the Epson Scan that is already installed for my R2000? Unfortunately, the software installer doesn’t give the option to just install the printer driver and skip the installation of the driver for the scanner.

Any advice or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow