Started Jun 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
caver3d
Contributing MemberPosts: 704Gear list
Like?
Re: print size
In reply to Howard Shooter, Jun 11, 2013

Howard Shooter wrote:

Hi,

I've read all the comments and in my opinion the Olympus shouldn't be upgraded.... Fundamentally to see better IQ from your excellent system you would have to enlarge the images up to A1 plus. The sensors on the M 43 are superb and I've blown images up to A2 with no issues whatsoever. I've played with the Olympus and it's a beautiful semi-pro piece of kit. The Fuji is not going to make any difference at all. I have a Fuji x100s and it's lovely, but the Olympus is not going to be better for 99.9% of situations and charts have no relevance at all in the real world.

If you want people to help you justify your change because you fancy a change then you'll get it.... but you don't need to.... if you have the funds and you want to switch cameras, cars, watches... whatever floats your boat, then enjoy!

Howard

Howard:

You are spot on.  I also have an E-M5 and X100 (and other cameras) and I agree with you 100%.

caver3d

caver3d's gear list:caver3d's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow