Started Jun 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
BertIverson
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,037Gear list
Like?
Re: Pulled the trigger on the RX100
In reply to Karl Scharf, Jun 11, 2013

Karl Scharf wrote:

Karl Scharf wrote:

As a very happy owner of the Sony A77 and a wide assortment of lenses and accessories, I finally decided to augment my system with an easy to cary, point and shoot back up camera.

After extensive research, I pulled the trigger on a Sony RX100. After all, the best camera you own is the one you have with you, and I intend to have this fine camera with me most of the time. The small size makes it practical to cary it in a shirt pocket.

Did not really want to spend that much money, but the ultimate selling point was the fact that the RX100 had an interesting mode that my A77 does not have, namely, the "illustration" mode. I can see myself using this mode quite a lot, specially since it can be applied to any normally captured image, in camera, while retaining the original image!

-- hide signature --

Karl Scharf >>> ( Sony SLT-A77, Rokinon 8mm, Sigma 10-20 f4.0-5.6, Sigma 18-250 f3.5-6.3, Sigma 50-500 f4.5-6.3 OS, Minolta 70-210 f4.0, Minolta 50 f1.7, Kenko 1.4x DGX ) <<<

Just received my new toy! WOW, that is all I can say for now. Great camera, the RX100.

I inserted my 95mb/sec San disc card from my A77 and it actually retained all the images that were on the card taken with the A77! Did not think that could be done.

Now I am entering all my custom settings, helps to have purchased Gary Friedman's guide to the Cybershot RX-100. Will post some images soon.

-- hide signature --

Karl

Hope the RX100 does NOT cause you to sell your nifty A77 stuff
I decided to sell my A700,  Sigma 18-250 etc after getting the RX100

Have fun with your "very portable" RX100
Cheers,
Bert

BertIverson's gear list:BertIverson's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow