Who uses a wacom or bamboo tablet for editing or Smudges?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ranalli
Contributing MemberPosts: 761
Like?
Re: Who uses a wacom or bamboo tablet for editing or Smudges?
In reply to BoosAngel, 10 months ago

BoosAngel wrote:

I have been considering buying tablet and was just wondering how many that was doing editing was using eithrer one?

Angie

-- hide signature --

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/2417522046_2a786da6df_m.jpg
*Cherish every minute and be kind to others because life is short and our time is to precious to waste.*

Not too long ago I bought a Wacom Intuos 4 small.  I save a good amount of money not buying the Intuos 5, I really didn't need any of the extra features and many people are doing amazing work with even older versions so the 4 is fine.

It took a while to get used to but there is no going back for any kind of retouching and I do prefer the small.  Not only that but I only map a small portion of the tablet as well to cover my entire monitor.  If you're not a graphic artist you really want to keep the hand movements to a minimum and not be forced to move your entire arm for a brush stroke..should be like drawing with a pencil on a small notepad.

I also recommend one of the covers for the surface on Ebay.  It will save you from wearing out your pen-tips and make the actual movements a bit smoother.  There are small Intuos 4s out there for just over $100; the 5 is about twice as much from what I've seen.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow