Tired of RAW - What are the best in camere settings for JPEG?

Started Jun 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
d50bsl
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Re: Tired of RAW - What are the best in camere settings for JPEG?
In reply to David Banner, Jun 11, 2013

I have recently purchased a used D300 and have a similar dilemma. As suggested above I have chosen to shoot Raw + JPEG, I chose 'Normal' rather than fine and it seems to work well. I have downloaded the DX2 set and usually use '2' from the set, but have just upped the Saturation and contrast a small amount. I have a good set of pictures from a recent holiday on Lake Garda - Italy. In fact I haven't even loaded the Raw versions into a Lightroom catalogue - but probably will do. Using this combination the camera will easily get 300+ photos onto an 8GB card.
In order to give me a bit more control, I have added to the 'My Menu' the option to turn on and set the 'D Lighting' So I can dial that in when faced with high contrast scenes - it takes fewer menu presses using this.

But all in all very pleased with the JPEGS from the camera - although I have to say my daughter went to Japan recently and has some very nice photos from her D50 - OOC Jpegs - which I think the D50 is very good at.

d50bsl's gear list:d50bsl's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow