Would you be happier with your camera if you didn't frequent gear forums?

Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sdribetahi
Contributing MemberPosts: 819
Like?
Would you be happier with your camera if you didn't frequent gear forums?
Jun 11, 2013

If you read enough through these forums, you know that LOTS of people here are always looking at the next greatest camera in their brand, or looking to 'maybe' switch system looking for the greener grass of another, or report that they've gone through one brand after the next and are currently parked in xyz forum. I see it from the cheapest to the highest end gear.

Reading through DPR certainly has made me wonder/dream of the possibilities that a new body, lens or system may bring (though I'm invested and locked in to my original system) and feel a little underwhelmed by what I own from time to time. It got to thinking that if I lost the web address for this place and just used what I had, would I be happier with my equipment? Would I keep my equipment several years longer if buying decisions weren't thrown at me all the time? It seems like it certainly would be a cure for many here if they didn't always have the next greatest thing staring them in the face. What do you think, is this place a blessing and a curse?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
:)New
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow