Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lumixdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
Why do pixel counts sell cameras?
Jun 11, 2013

I simply don't get it... I mean you can have a tiny sensor in a compact camera, but then add 20 megapixels to it, but it's only going to accentuate the problems of the small sensor, this is one example. There are specific examples including ncreased noise and aberration due to the fact of more pixels highlighting these specific negative qualities of a sensor.

There are many other ways of gaining more pixels either way in post processing such as automated photo merging programs. There are plenty that will do more than panorama images and stack images both vertically and horizontally to produce larger images if this becomes an issue for printing big.

I simply don't see why we really need small cameras with 20 megapixel resolution. I contest that we should be focusing on better quality sensors, but then that's just me.

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HTCNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow