NEX-6 major design flaw

Started Jun 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
aeonsim
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-6 major design flaw
In reply to Mike Sivcevic, Jun 11, 2013

So I noticed this with the original Nex-5 I'd be walking around with the camera hanging around my neck and would notice it was prefocusing on the ground with each step as I walked.

For the Nex-5 at least the solution I found was simple, bring up the menu.

If you set the sleep timer to a short interval, and then when ever your finished taking photos you press the menu key. This of course switches you to a static view rather than the live view and on my Nex-5 stops the prefocusing. After the sleep period is run out it switches off the screen and all is good. If you then wake it with the Shutter button it drops you straight back into live view and starts focusing again.

You save a fair bit of energy I think, one your not prefocusing, two the Menu is a static image so the sensor doesn't need to constantly stream the live view to the screen so less sensor activity and less image processor activity.

With my original Nex-5 and the original battery I tend to get 450+ shots per charge with a mix of panoramas and HDR in there. Walking around Ghent last weekend I took ~960 images from a 70% full battery and part of a full one.

aeonsim's gear list:aeonsim's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow