Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jono Slack
Forum ProPosts: 20,165Gear list
Like?
Re: Leica X Vario report
In reply to Daniel74, Jun 11, 2013

HI Daniel

Daniel74 wrote:

It sounds like the camera is very good at what it does. Unfortunately many of us are not very impressed with what it does given the alternatives and the price.

No - but then it isn't directed at us, however the fact that we are not the target audience doesn't mean there isn't one. After all, there are serious photographers who do not read internet photographic sites, and who may have different priorities - let's face it, everything is some sort of compromise or other.

You mention the good bokeh, Jono, how much bokeh can you squeeze out of an APS-C 70/6.4 lens? Well, I guess at macro distances you do get some, but portraits? Was it that Leica could not engineer a sufficiently compact constant f/2.8 lens of sufficient quality not to mention something like Sigma's recent f/1.8 offering that would be too big for this form factor? That would be a lot more attractive to most people, I think.

yes - I think that the lens is the best compromise between size and speed that they could manage, without compromising quality

-- hide signature --

Thanks for the report in any case - very nicely written and illustrated.

Thank you!

Jono Slack
http://www.slack.co.uk

Jono Slack's gear list:Jono Slack's gear list
Ricoh GR Leica M-Monochrom Olympus E-M1 Leica T Sony Alpha 7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow