PROFESSIONAL'S NEED A LICENSE

Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michael J Davis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,444Gear list
Like?
Re: PROFESSIONAL'S NEED A LICENSE
In reply to Fotogroup, Jun 11, 2013

Yeah! Well, when I was younger - and a trained engineer and professional industrialist, I used to think that employing 'licensed' professionals in any area would be a certain way of achieving success. - Accountants, lawyers, PR consultants, patent agents, photographers, stockbrokers, ...

I found to my expense that I had to check and later correct their work, i became more and more aware that the majority were mediocre and many even incompetent, and so I had to become the expert in their areas - expert enough at least to question them and often to advise them. And these were mostly 'licensed & qualified' people.

It sounds as though I couldn't choose expert advisors. I found some whom I trusted and hung on to them.

I fear that it's true everywhere, and sympathise with your comments. But why on earth were there TWO independent(?) professional wedding photographers there anyway?

Do I sound jaundiced? Probably!

Mike

-- hide signature --

Mike Davis
Photographing the public for over 50 years
www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

Michael J Davis's gear list:Michael J Davis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow