Started May 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
n057
Senior MemberPosts: 2,999Gear list
Like?
Re: A Pro's opinion of EVF vs OVF
In reply to WD, Jun 11, 2013

WD wrote:

chlamchowder wrote:

As for superior image quality??? With comparable sensors? I don't THINK so!

The V1 does not have a comparable sensor (not close to the D5100).

Excuse me, perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I'm not comparing the V1 to a D600 or D5100 for image quality. I said "comparable" sensors. In this case, for comparison, a 24mp D7100 vs 24mp DX mirrorless (V3??). There would be no difference in image quality caused by the sensor.

Uh? Could the same be said when comparing a D7100 to a D600, no difference in image quality caused by the sensor? Plus, is there such a thing as a V3?

You're obviously enamored of the qualities of a DSLR which, in some areas are decidedly superior to mirrorless. I've become enamored of certain abilities that the V1 has demonstrated as well as the compactness which mirrorless design allows. This experience has convinced me that further improvements in EVF and tracking ability will ultimately lead to (I HOPE) a DX camera with a sensor equal to a D7100 and externally available controls similar to a D300. That would please me greatly.

That is too far in the future. I want D300 style camera with a D7100 style sensor today.

Enjoy your D600. It is an exceptional camera.

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

Warren

-- hide signature --

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow