Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eric Tymoigne
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Low light autofocus performance of d7100 vs canon 7d and others
Jun 11, 2013

I have decided to buy a dslr to take pictures of my toddler indoor. My primary criteria for the purchase is a fast AND accurate autofocus indoor during the day.

I have about $1500 (could push it up a bit), no commitment to any brand, do not mind less resolution (12MP is plenty and I never use the large format option for pictures in order to reduce file size), and do NOT want to go for FX (too heavy). Also forget about newer m4/3s (fast but not accurate enough for my purpose from what I have read even from omdem5 owners).

The D7100 is very attractive but I have read below that the canon 7d focuses better in low light condition. Any comment or suggestion?

Here is the source of my concern:

"Under little dim lighting conditions, the Canon EOS 7D outperformed the Nikon D7100, as the latter’s AF system faltered under low-light conditions. The AF assist beam doesn’t help much either. Apart from that, the Nikon D7100 can be used for a versatile range of photography genres." http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/features/smartbuy/other-gadgets/nikon-d7100-review/article4699290.ece

This comment was made using the 18-105mm but I would be using nikon 35mm and 50mm (would also buy an external flash but would try to limit my use of it as much as possible).

Canon EOS 7D Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow