Started Jun 11, 2013 | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SW Anderson
Regular MemberPosts: 104
Like?
Q goes to an air show; a first outing
Jun 11, 2013

A nicely restored B-25, turned out with invasion stripes. Rides were $459, with proceeds supporting the group that restored the plane so it can keep this one flying and restore others.

Planes at the show weren't roped off, so people could get close up views and photos. The downside was that it took time and patience to get photos showing whole planes without people clustered around them.

The Army's trusty scout and forward air controller platform. Flag-rank officers also use them, and this one bears two red stars just behind the cowl, indicating a general used this one.

A 1930's vintage Stearman Navy fighter, and later, trainer. The throaty roar of its rotary motor when it dives and climbs is something one has to hear to appreciate. There's just something thrilling about that sound.

This was my first outing with the Q, and it was an enjoyable one. I lucked out and picked up an O-VF1 optical viewfinder for it. I don't think I would've had a very good time without it because, as you can see, this event was held in beautiful, brilliant sunlight. That's great for snappy, grain-free exposures, but not so great for framing with an LCD.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow