Help with Adobe Camera Raw issues re: RX100 ARW files?

Started Jun 10, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Karen Mickleson
Regular MemberPosts: 265Gear list
Like?
Help with Adobe Camera Raw issues re: RX100 ARW files?
Jun 10, 2013

I'm posting here as only other place I figured it fit was the Sony forum, which I did. But since I'm on a Mac and Mac people tend to be helpful, I thought I'd post here, too. Hope that's okay.

I have a gifted version of PS 5.1 (without license number) with Camera Raw version 6.7; and Lightroom 4.4 (with license number). I have many raw photos in LR from both Sony RX100 & Panasonic FZ150. I am able to export the Panasonic RW2 files to PS. But when I try to export the Sony ARW files, I get this Photoshop error message:

'Could not complete because the file appears to be from a camera which isn't supported by installed version of Camera Raw. Please visit Camera Raw help documentation of for additional information.'

However, wild goose chase of research said that Camera Raw 6.7 is indeed the version I need for my PS CS5. My paranoia thinks Adobe knows my PS is not licensed and ergo is not allowing its Camera Raw to work for me. Is that possible?

I ended up downloading a DNG Converter from them, but

a) I have no idea if the converted images are as good as the RAW would have been (ARW), and

b) it's a PITA to convert them by folder, as there are thousands of photos involved.

Help on either Adobe Camera Raw and/or DNG conversion issue will be very much appreciated. Or, tell me the best place to ask this.

Thanks so much,

Karen

Karen Mickleson's gear list:Karen Mickleson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow