Started Jun 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
jyhfeei
Forum MemberPosts: 72Gear list
Like?
Re: People don't change all that much.
In reply to JamesD2, Jun 10, 2013

JamesD2 wrote:

Hear2see wrote:

James...your comments and opinions are always a pleasure to read and think about.

When you spoke about not being interested in compressing distance... a contest winning photo of Yosemite valley came to mind. The photog purposely used a long lens to compress the image and bring the wall of the mountains closer to the trees in the valley. Making that wall of rock all the more imposing.

Last Saturday I got to the big Henry's Camera Show. Not that I'm looking to buy anything right now but the new Fugi X cameras look pretty nice.

I can well imagine myself our yourself enjoying an X20. The Fugi X Pro seemed to feel the best in my hands and it had some heft to it... n-i-c-e camera.

Maybe there's a Kijiji offer to trade a Fugi X20 for a Sony out there in your neck of the woods.

I looked long and hard at the x20. Very tempting. Smaller sensor but faster lens and I think wider but I can't remember just now. Again, too much loss on a trade-in. We're getting ready for new computers and a trip to Maui so the camera will have to wait. And by that time... who can say? Maybe another non-Kodak KodakMay bee a lighter dslr???

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

If you are looking for a camera that has basic operator controls that make sense (manual shutter speed dial, aperture ring on lens), you should really look into the Fuji X series.  XE1, XPro1 or X100s.

The cameras are pretty pricey compared to what you are looking at, but an XE1 can be had for $1199 this month with a fast and very excellent kit zoom.

This sort of control setup is very logical and more engaging to me.  Especially when coming from a SLR film camera.

jyhfeei's gear list:jyhfeei's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow