Started Jun 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Matz03
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
Re: Lenses: Did they get it right??
In reply to deednets, Jun 10, 2013

deednets wrote:

Matz03 wrote:

I think the fuji roadmap and releases to date have been the right move. Maybe should’ve had the 35mm equivalent available sooner because it’s such a popular focal length, the x100 might have had something to do with that though.

The only agreement with you I have is the long zoom, 50-135 f4 (2.8 even better) would’ve been great vs’s the 55-200mm that’s out now. I think this is more useful especially as a portrait lens but Fuji can still add something like this to the roadmap later.

Zeiss to me is irrelevant, I see no reason to pay the premium vs. the fuji lenses at this point, too close to existing lineup. But other users might really want the Zeiss stuff so variety is good here.

You see, there you said it yourself: too close to the current Fuji lineup, but this, I am afraid, seems to be the rather exotic exception here on this forum! My pondering was that maybe this would have been different if Zeiss had released an 85-ish lens??

I think this is more on Zeiss rather then Fuji, since they have so much more opportunity with NEX that had to be their priority.  I think these focal lenghts were much safer for them to realize return with sales.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow