Started Jun 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
DFPanno
Senior MemberPosts: 2,641Gear list
Like?
Re: A 35 and a 50 ? 6K ? No way.
In reply to Robgo2, Jun 10, 2013

Robgo2 wrote:

DFPanno wrote:

I would be amazed if they released a companion 50mm camera. A short telephoto would be a better complimentary camera and I doubt that will ever appear.

I would bet on a FF MILC first; even smaller then their "SLRs".

That's what my crystal ball says at any rate.

I have no idea what Sony's next move will be, but I wonder if an interchangeable lens camera would allow for the same sort of lens/sensor matching as we have in the RX1.

I would think that it would require a new kind of interface.

If not, that might mean a slight compromise in IQ.

Past analysis of the RX1 has suggested that this fixed lens/sensor optimization combo was responsible for the RX1's extraordinary IQ.  So that is probably right.

Hence, for IQ fanatics, a second or even additional fixed lens cameras might be preferable to a FF ILC. There are rumors of something new from Sony in August. I'm not exactly holding my breath, but I am curious.

IQ fanatics would love it but wonder if it is economically viable.

What I can tell you is that I have held off on purchasing new Canon lenses.  I want to see what SONY will do next.  The RX1 ruins you for other cameras.

Rob

DFPanno's gear list:DFPanno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow