Pro9000 unhappiness.. jump to the Pro-100?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Madcat207
Senior MemberPosts: 1,020
Like?
Pro9000 unhappiness.. jump to the Pro-100?
10 months ago

So, my aging Pro-9000 is starting to get on my nerves. Right now, here are my problems..

- The rollers are making a screaching noise pulling in paper. Doesn't seem to effect anything (yet)

- The print head strikes the paper. If I don't put on the abrasion avoidance, even with regular pro plat paper through the flat feed, I will get black streaks near the end of the print. Nothing like losing 2-3 13x19 prints to streaks at the end.

- The prints are constantly too dark. This one really tweaks me off. I have tried several computers, and the printer is always too damn dark. In order to get bright enough prints, I have to bump levels by .2-.3, and still hope things are close. I acknowledge I am know an uncalibrated environment, but it just feels too consistent between devices.

- B&W prints have a green hue.  This I chalk up to calibration, but still annoying with only one black tank..

So, what has me thinking is the Pro100 after rebate for $89 (with paper). The only problem, with my first child only 6 weeks away, I don't like having to plunk down $400 and wait for $300 back. Now, my rock and hard place is that I am trying to get more serious about my work, and I need a reliable printer to do that... and the sale is a really good sale...

Any advice guys?

-- hide signature --

My ever-growing flickr gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsbphotography

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow