ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
M J Valentine
Senior MemberPosts: 1,244
Like?
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 user feedback needed
Jun 10, 2013

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Sigma 35mm f/1.4 to complement a Canon 24-105mm. I am selling my 650D and 15-85 to buy a 6D and plan to use the fast prime for low light and general photography.

I considered buying a Canon 40mm f/2.8 but I am concerned that the extending focusing action may cause dust to enter the camera body so the Sigma 35mm would seem to be a good candidate, especially as it is significantly faster. I have previously used a Canon 35mm f/1.4 but didn't like the purple fringing at f/1.4 which the 650D's Digic V processor couldn't resolve.

I have read many positive reviews about the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 and would be grateful for feedback from owners. Does the lens focus accurately wide open? Any other problems/issues/regrets?

Have you needed to send the lens to Sigma for repairs in the UK? In this regard I have been advised by a well informed source that Sigma UK can take weeks or months to service a lens. Has any other UK Sigma user experienced such delay? I wouldn't want to be without a lens for months while it is adjusted for front/back focusing.

Thanks,

Martyn

Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon EOS 6D Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow