Started Jun 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
M J Valentine
Senior MemberPosts: 1,252
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 user feedback needed
Jun 10, 2013

I'm thinking of buying a Sigma 35mm f/1.4 to complement a Canon 24-105mm. I am selling my 650D and 15-85 to buy a 6D and plan to use the fast prime for low light and general photography.

I considered buying a Canon 40mm f/2.8 but I am concerned that the extending focusing action may cause dust to enter the camera body so the Sigma 35mm would seem to be a good candidate, especially as it is significantly faster. I have previously used a Canon 35mm f/1.4 but didn't like the purple fringing at f/1.4 which the 650D's Digic V processor couldn't resolve.

I have read many positive reviews about the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 and would be grateful for feedback from owners. Does the lens focus accurately wide open? Any other problems/issues/regrets?

Have you needed to send the lens to Sigma for repairs in the UK? In this regard I have been advised by a well informed source that Sigma UK can take weeks or months to service a lens. Has any other UK Sigma user experienced such delay? I wouldn't want to be without a lens for months while it is adjusted for front/back focusing.

Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon EOS 6D Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM | A
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow