Lenses: Did they get it right??

Started Jun 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 2,361Gear list
Like?
Re: Lenses: Did they get it right??
In reply to Daniel from Bavaria, Jun 10, 2013

Daniel from Bavaria wrote:

Overall Fuji did, in my opinion, an outstanding job with the lenses and the line-up. Quite fast, high quality primes first and the system is just a good year on the market.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi from Auckland,

I can see where you are coming from and yes: I do understand that Zeiss and Fuji are 2 different companies!

When I look at the lenses currently available, the only one's with AF are the Zeiss and the Fujis. I use the 60/2.4 for portraits. I have a 105/2.5 Nikkor but find the focusing with moving objects in dim light with high light amplification in the EVF, lets say challenging, so would prefer an AF prime. Now Fuji is going to release the 56/1.2 next year. I will possibly get this lens, but then I cannot see myself take portraits with bot the 60 as well as the 56mm ...

At the wide end I am happy with the 14mm.

So in short: For my personal use I would have preferred a 90/85/1.8 or 2.0 by Zeiss over the 12 or 32mm.

It didn't happen and the 50/2.8 Macro by Zeiss?? Don't do enough Macro (none really, but the optics might still be interesting!) but then again, 50mm quite ok for portraits, maybe a tad too close but wouldn't get 50, 56 AND the 60 and use them all for portraits.

Would you? Anybody?

Cheers

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow