Started Jun 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
geoffmalter
Senior MemberPosts: 2,177Gear list
Like?
Re: A57 Focus vs A 700
In reply to Paige Wood, Jun 10, 2013

Paige Wood wrote:

Hi John,

That's the bit that scares me. The 700 is the most user friendly camera I have owned. Generally because of a neck injury and some added hassles weight is becoming a problem, so I am taking it with me less and less ( has Tokina 28 -70 ATX pro 2.8 that doesn't help ). I thought if AF was much better on the 57 that may outweigh some of the other things.

Thanks for the input,

Tony

Since camera weight is an issue, and you like the 700, let me suggest you order a different strap configuration that takes the weight away from your neck. I have ordered the Joby Ultrafit sling slide strap (a different model for a man and a woman) that is worn cross shoulder with the camera carried at the hip, but easy/quick to slide the camera up to use. Connects via the tripod mount. Mine will be here in a couple of days, but ordered it at the recommendation of a professional who always uses it with his full-frame Canon. He and i were doing street photography at the time and I was impressed with it. It's also consumer rated 4.5 at B&H.

geoffmalter's gear list:geoffmalter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony SLT-A57 Canon EOS M +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow