Started Jun 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
motion
Contributing MemberPosts: 707
Like?
Keep OSX 10.6.8 or upgrade?
Jun 10, 2013

I'm a happy Mac Pro 5.1 (2010) owner with OSX 10.6.8 (it came supplied with the machine and I've seen no reason to upgrade as it works for me -I'm not one of those people who "needs" to upgrade as soon as a new version comes along).

Alas, more and more software these days demand 10.7 or 10.8 (Lightroom being one of them) and I'm wondering if I should take the plunge or not. Cost isn't the issue, but rather performance, reliability, software/hardware compatibility and generally if this will become an improvement or the opposite. As I haven't actually used 10.7 or 10.8 I don't know too much about it but read criticism about them being "Bloatware", "a dumbed down IOS-like OS with eye-candy as the so-called improvements" etc. I also read that a lot of pros out there see 10.6.8. as the final "real" Mac OS and that everything after that became an "iToy". So heated discussions aside, what are the facts surrounding this, and your experiences?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow