Is FF really better than m43? and why?

Started Jun 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
MatsP
Senior MemberPosts: 1,019Gear list
Like?
It doesn't prove anything
In reply to A2T2, Jun 10, 2013

I'm sorry to say this is no good example to illustrating that a m4/3 camera is able to perform as an FF. An OM-D E-M5 can do better than that. I have an E-M5, it's an excellent camera, and in most situations I can take the pictures I want. But I would be lying to myself if I thought it always, in all situations, is as good as an FF. Because it simply isn't. Generally an FF camera is better. Of course it is. It's ridiculous to say anything else. But, that said, I can take fantastic pictures with my E-M5 (if I only was a good photographer). The m4/3 format limits me, I realize that and have to adapt to it, but with that in my mind I can live with it because the E-M5 is good enough in most situations and it has the very important advantage to be much more portable.

I think it's totally meaningless for m43 owners to try to fool themselves that their gear is similar to FF. Be happy with your camera, use it as the very fine photographic tool it is, but don't envy FF owners or try to convince them that their gear is worse.

MatsP's gear list:MatsP's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Canon Pixma MG8150 DxO Optics Pro Standard +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow