Is FF really better than m43? and why?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
eilivk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,420Gear list
Like?
Re: YES! However, not today...
In reply to cosmonaut, 10 months ago

cosmonaut wrote:

Yes it is certainly. I have shot with the OMD EM-5. The biggest difference is in dynamic range. I no longer struggle to keep the highlights under control. Then there is color depth. The a99 has a wider range of colors. Not to forget lower noise at high ISO. I am not convinced that the full frames have less noise due to the sensor being bigger or that full frame sensors just have much more R&D in them or something. The Xpro1 pretty much proved to me a cropped sensor can have low noise.

Then there is the DOF. Say what you will I just like DOF on full frames. I don't have to think about equivalent focal lengths and full frame just looks right to me.

-- hide signature --

www.gregmccary.com

Have not seen any answers to this. Can understand why. What I can't understand is why it is so important to prove that mft is above it's level. A nagging doubt that there are better things? Then so what? Mft is a miracle compared to what used to be. Walking around with G3 + 20mm, perfect in the city. But being obsessed with low light, night clouds, looking forward to smaller FF (with EVF), maybe fixed lens for best quality. FF don't stand still, check serious reviews of RX1.

Not thinking of my G3 as "mft", just a very good camera. Enjoy what you got!

eilivk's gear list:eilivk's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Ricoh CX4 Sony RX1 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow