ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
A Long Way For Rice
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Which travel camera?
Jun 10, 2013

Hi there, 
I've been trawling the forums and review websites for a few months now (ridiculous I know), trying to decide on the best camera to take travelling for 2 years to Asia with me.

I'd like to spend under $1000 and the most important qualities in a camera for my particular situation are image quality, low light performance, enough zoom or cropping ability for far away objects, quick AF for wildlife shots and bokeh capabilities.

So far, I'm considering:

• Panasonic Lumix FZ200 $450 (Bridge)
  • Nikon D5200 with 18 -55mm + 55-200mm/70-300mm lens kit $890 (DSLR)
  • Canon 650D/Rebel t4i with 18-55mm + 55-250mm/75-300mm lens kit $820 (DSLR)
  • Panasonic G3 with 14-42mm + 45-200mm lens kit $604 (CSC)
  • Sony Nex F3 with 18-55mm + 18-200mm lens kit $500 (CSC)

Any recommendations or comments on your own experience with these cameras would be greatly appreciated, as well as if you think there would be an entirely different camera to suit my needs.
Also, I'm very open to ditching the idea of a lens kit, and buying 'body only' with a better lens if it means better low light capabilities and overall better image quality, as long as I could keep it all under $1000.

(Might be worth noting I'm a bit of a newbie to digital cameras as I've only ever owned an OM4-Ti, polaroids and a few point and shoots.)

Thanks, 
Erin

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow