Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Colin Franks
Contributing MemberPosts: 616Gear list
Like?
M4/3 gurus - I need your help.
10 months ago

In my quest for the best image quality possible (within rea$on), I have recently entertained abandoning ship with my Panny G3 (and M4/3 altogether) and pulling the trigger on a DSLR, something like the FF Canon 6D, with selected lenses.  That inquiry can be seen here  if you have the time & interest to read it.

Hopefully you can understand how one’s head can quickly begin to spin while considering all the pros & cons of both systems, and that’s where I’m at right now.  I was in a camera store today, and took three photos (in the store) with my G3, and then popped my SD card into the 6D and took the same photos at the same settings. (6D with 40mm 2.8  /  G3 with 20mm 1.7)  When I got back home and viewed them on the computer, I honestly could not see a great difference; certainly not a $4000.00 difference, which is what that move would cost me, with lenses. Admittedly that test was incredibly limited (no outdoor or tele-shots), and not controlled enough, but I feel that it’s enough to lead into my question:

My G3 is two years old now, so I’m wondering if there’s a (recent) M4/3 body (sensor) out there now which is significantly superior to my G3, and the purchase of which might keep me content in the M4/3 camp.  In other words, with keeping my existing Panny lenses, what is the most compatible kick-ass M4/3 body available (or soon to be available)?  OM-D?  Wait for G6?

What would you do?

Thanks.

Colin Franks's gear list:Colin Franks's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +16 more
Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow