Is FF really better than m43? and why?

Started Jun 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Donald Chin
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,332Gear list
Like?
Re: YES! However, not today...
In reply to The Photo Ninja, Jun 10, 2013

The Photo Ninja wrote:

My main camera is a 5D Mark III.  Its focus is amazing, the fps blistering, the lenses astounding, the noise performance is amazing.  However, it's a monster to carry around.  This weekend, my wife was off visiting her sister and I decided to take our 5.5 and 1.5 year old girls to the zoo.  No stroller - they are a pain.  So, I grabbed my Thinktank backpack which usually stores a 5DIII with a 24-70 or a 70-200mm, a flash, smaller lens, batteries, etc. and made it into a diaper bag.  Today I was able to pack an epl5 with 17mm 1.8 with flash attached, diapers, wipes, ointment, 2 peaches, an apple, granolla bars, seed and nuts, raisons, and goldfish crackers.  I haven't seen the pics yet, but they will not be nearly as good as a well done shot composed with a 5D III which has more field of view and better optics.  The new Sigma 35mm 1.4 beats the Olympus 17mm 1.8 as does the Canon 50mm 1.2.  However, there is NO WAY I would have been able to manage today with a DSLR!  Today it was all point and shoot style with facial autofocus.  Today is the day that the Micro 4/3 format was designed for!

My main system camera is FF, and my P&S is also FF, I don't see MFT has real size & weight advantage these day.

A day in the park with FF DC

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow