I’m still waiting for the right m43 camera

Started Jun 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,398
Like?
While you keep waiting...
In reply to Grobb, Jun 10, 2013

While you keep waiting, I will shoot with that µFT that is 95% ideal for me.

I waited a LONG time to get into µFT but I did with the first Oly camera that had an in-built EVF in a weathersealed body.  This is about a year ago and I still love using that camera.

tron555 wrote:

These are the things I am looking for in a m43 camera to make me interested in purchasing one:

• There is too much talk about shutter shock one certain cameras/lenses, they need to resolve this issue. Maybe go to electronic shutter?
  • The high quality zooms are still WAY too expensive like the 12-35, 35-100 for example. These are the two lenses that interest me, but are cost prohibitive at this time.
  • Ergonomics, button layout, built in EVF/flash, etc… are not the norm yet. I need all of them. I know ergonomics and button layout are very subjective, but I have not seen one yet that meet my requirements. Panasonic is getting a lot closer than Oly and almost there.
  • Focus tracking for sports/action shots have not evolved yet. Phase detection vs Contrast detection should be along within a year, or should be I hope!
  • 5 axis IBIS on all high end cameras is not standard yet and should be.
  • Weather proofing should be standard on all high end cameras and lenses.

Hopefully, Panasonic/Olympus will come out with an all in one camera someday that meets these requirements. The GX2 or EM6 may bring things closer, but until all these issues are addressed, there are too many compromises, for me anyway. I know some will say “all cameras are compromises”, but for me, those listed are just too many for me to accept at this time.

Just checking off your list:

* shutter shock: never experienced it

* lenses: I use primes and the 12-50 that I find very capable

* ergonomics : subjective, but quite OK for me

* AF: good enough for my purposes, and yes, this is the only thing that I am hoping for too in an upgrade, with the purpose of even better use of my FT lenses

* IBIS : works pretty darn well, and I need it only on ONE camera (not on all the ones I will not buy)

* weather sealing : ditto.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow